Our current policies include the following cover for coronavirus (COVID-19). For further details on what is and isn’t covered by our policies in respect of coronavirus (COVID-19) please click here.
Before you travel:
- Cancelling your trip if you fall ill with COVID-19 before you travel, provided you test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
- Cancelling your trip if your immediate relative, travelling companion or any person you are intending on staying with falls ill with COVID-19 before you are due to travel, provided they test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
During your trip:
- Curtailment if you test positive for COVID-19 at your departure point and are not allowed to go on your trip.
- Missed departure if you show symptoms of COVID-19 at your departure point and miss your flight due to a health check. You would also be covered if you subsequently test negative and incur additional costs to get you to your destination.
- Curtailment if you test positive whilst abroad and are not allowed to continue your trip or are quarantined.
- Emergency medical treatment including getting you home if you fall ill with COVID-19 while travelling.
- Cutting short your trip if a close relative falls ill with COVID-19, provided they had not been diagnosed with COVID-19 at the time of travelling.
NEW! COVID-19 Traffic Light Cover Add On
With our new COVID-19 Traffic Light Cover Add On you can protect your trip against unexpected changes to the traffic light status of the country you are travelling to while you’re away. For further details on what is and isn’t covered please click here.
- Medical and Repatriation costs covered for Green and Amber countries if the FCDO has advised against all but essential travel.
- Up to £200 to cover unexpected COVID-19 tests.
- Up to £1,000 towards quarantine accommodation outside your home upon return to the UK, or
- Cover if you cut short your trip to avoid quarantine accommodation costs before restrictions come into force.
Add COVID-19 Traffic Light Cover to your policy on step 3 of the quote process.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL POLICIES
If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has advised against travel to the country or specific region you are travelling to you will not be covered if the cause of the claim is related to the advisory, unless we have agreed that your trip is essential and have confirmed in writing. So it is important before you travel to check the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) website to get the most up to date travel information. There is no cover for any claims arising from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office restricting travel from the United Kingdom, or to specific countries or regions, due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you cancel a trip due to a change to the UK Traffic Light status or being required to self-isolate due to a track and trace notification you will not be covered.
There is no cover for claims relating to medical treatment or repatriation where the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has advised against all but essential travel due to coronavirus (COVID-19) except where the COVID-19 Traffic Light Cover add-on has been purchased.
For more details on what is covered by our policies, check out our coronavirus (COVID-19) frequently asked questions by clicking here.